Figure of a Devotee of Shango Holding an Oshe Shango
- Artist: Yoruba (Culture)
- Medium: Wood, pigment
- Geographical Location: Nigeria
- Dates: late 19th or early 20th century
- Dimensions: 15 x 4 15/16 x 5 3/4 in. (38.1 x 12.5 x 14.6 cm)
- Collection: Arts of Africa
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5H5, 4A
- Accession Number: 22.1518
- Image: CUR.22.1518_front_PS5.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2009
Female figure with helmet like coiffure, painted with spots. Large, bulging eyes, and cheek scarification marks. figure wears a striped skirt, and is set on a flat oval base. No legs.
Condition: Worn with abrasions and flaking. has been repaired. Checks from top of head through base.