Cup and Saucer
- Artist: Roy Lichtenstein (Designer)
- Medium: Porcelain
- Geographical Location: Bavaria, Germany
- Dates: 1984
- Dimensions: (a) Cup: 2 3/4 x 4 5/8 x 3 5/8 in. (7 x 11.7 x 9.2 cm)
(b) Saucer: 7/8 x 6 1/4 x 6 1/4 in. (2.2 x 15.9 x 15.9 cm)
- Markings: Printed on underside of both cup and saucer, in gray underglaze within a circle: "Rosen[mark consisting of X surmounted by crown]thal [in script and underscored] / limitierte kunstreihen / GERMANY / Roy Lichtenstein 100/24 / Roy Lichtenstein [facsimile signature]". The number 24 is in a darker gray color.
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5Q12-LUCE, Unit 18, Shelf C
- Accession Number: 1994.107.5a-b
- Image: 1994.107.1-.5_transp552.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
Cup (a) and saucer (b), porcelain. Both have white body with black, green, light blue, dark blue, yellow and silver-lustre glaze. (a) Cup: deep circular cup tapering towards bottom with applied c-shaped handle. All-over abstract pattern of lines and dots in Pop Art style on interior and exterior. (b) Saucer: circular plate with gently sloping sides and impressed circle at center. All-over abstract pattern of lines and dots in Pop Art style on interior and rim.
Condition: (a) Cup: excellent; firing deficiencies on a few of the blue dots. (b) Saucer: excellent; firing deficiency on blue dot; bottom rim shows normal wear and tear.