Urco, Ninth Inca, 1 of 14 Portraits of Inca Kings
- Medium: Oil on canvas
- Geographical Location: Peru
- Dates: Probably mid-18th century
- Period: Colonial Period
- Dimensions: 23 7/16 x 21 9/16in. (59.5 x 54.8cm)
frame: 29 1/8 x 27 5/16 x 2 13/16 in. (74 x 69.4 x 7.1 cm)
- Inscriptions: On roundel: "Vrco; Nobeno; Ynqa;"
- Collection: American Art
- Accession Number: 1995.29.9
- Image: 1995.29.9_PS6.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2011
Portrait of Urco, the Ninth Inca King, dressed in the finery of his office and holding a staff in his left hand. This portrait is part of a series of 14 Inca King portraits that is based on the engraving by Antonio de Herrera, which in turn is based on a painted prototype (see Converging Cultures, 1996, p. 239).