- Artist: Albert Coles & Company (Maker)
- Medium: Silver
- Geographical Location: New York, United States
- Dates: ca. 1865
- Dimensions: 1 5/8 x 10 1/2 x 2 1/8 in. (4.1 x 26.7 x 5.4 cm)
- Markings: Impressed on underside of handle: three small hallmarks, center one containing "A/C"
- Inscriptions: Engraved in script on top side of handle, "L"
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5H28, 6AA
- Accession Number: 1996.37.19
- Image: 1996.37.19.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2003
Silver sugar ladle / sifter with gilded bowl. Deep, rounded, slightly oblong bowl divided into four generally heart-shaped sections such that edge has a contour of curves and darts. Spoon slotted with holes that form flowers. Narrow, twisting stem curves upward from bowl then flattens out into a tear-drop-shaped handle; handle is incised with geometric border and leaves.