- Artist: James McMurray, Brooklyn (Retailer)
- Medium: Leather, satin, velvet, metal hardware, other materials
- Geographical Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States
- Dates: ca. 1865
- Dimensions: 2 1/4 x 8 1/8 x 3 3/8 in. (5.7 x 20.6 x 8.6 cm)
- Markings: Embossed in gold on inside of lid: "Jas. Mc. MURRAY. / 315 / FULTON STREET. / BROOKLYN" within decorative medallion.
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5H28, 6AA
- Accession Number: 1996.37.20
- Image: 1996.37.20.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2003
Presentation box. Oblong shape with slightly domed lid, covered in brown leather; hinged at back with strip of leather; two hook clasps at front; top of lid embossed with scroll and foliate decorations. Interior: bottom molded to fit sugar ladle / sifter (1996.37.19) and lined with purple velvet; lid lined with purple satin.
Condition: Good; deep scratches in leather allover exterior of box.