Fruit Knife, One of Set of Six
- Artist: Gorham Manufacturing Company (Maker)
- Medium: Silver, bronze, gilding
- Geographical Location: Providence, Rhode Island, United States
- Dates: ca. 1880
- Dimensions: 3/16 x 7 3/4 x 7/8 in. (0.5 x 19.7 x 2.2 cm)
- Markings: Impressed on one side of blade near handle: row of 3 small hallmarks including lion, anchor, and "G" in Gothic script / "STERLING / 5"
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5H28, 6JJ
- Accession Number: 1997.66.6
- Image: 1997.66.2_1997.66.4_1997.66.5_1997.66.6.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2003
Fruit knife with japonisme-inspired decorations, part of a set of six. Silver blade is an arched rectangle shape with pointed tip, curving sides, and flare at handle juncture; etched motifs of bamboo stalks and butterflies. Straight rectangular bronze handle molded on both sides with identical scene of crouching man in landscape with bamboo trees; gilded accents.
Condition: Good; shows some wear and loss to gilding.