- Artist: The Kalo Shops (Maker)
- Medium: Silver
- Geographical Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Dates: ca. 1915
- Dimensions: 1 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 2 1/8 in. (3.8 x 26.7 x 5.4cm)
- Markings: Impressed on underside of handle, near juncture with snuffer: "STERLING KALE 2"
- Inscriptions: Engraved on top of handle, in oval-shaped monogram: "MCD" in stylized letters
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5Q12-LUCE, Unit 22, Shelf G
- Accession Number: 2000.6.11
- Image: 2000.6.11.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2003
Silver candle snuffer with lightly hammered surface. Bell-shaped snuffer with flared rim and ball finial on top (from inside, also resembles a lily with rim sectioned into three petals). Attached, long narrow handle that is twisted in the lower section, then flattens out into oblong handle with pointed end.
CONDITION: Good, tarnished.