- Artist: Benjamin G. Bowden (Designer)
- Medium: Fiberglass, metal, glass, rubber, fox fur
- Geographical Location: Grand Haven, Michigan, United States
- Dates: Prototype designed 1946; Manufactured 1960
- Dimensions: 36 x 40 x 18 in. (91.4 x 101.6 x 45.7 cm)
- Markings: On shaped metal tag on frame beneath handlebars: "BOW / DEN".
On metal tag behind seat: "BOMARD INDUSTRIES, INC. / KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI / U.S.PAT.NO. 2,537,325 / Canadian Pat. No. 1951 / SERIAL NO. [engraved] B009905"
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5Q12-LUCE, Unit 13
- Accession Number: 2001.36
- Image: 2001.36_SL1.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
Two wheeled, single-speed "Spacelander" bicycle; streamlined reddish-pink molded fiberglass shell with metal frame. Fiberglass constructed in multiple pieces: two over front wheel, two over remainder of frame with openings for handlebars, seat, pedals and rear wheel. Molded cover has pairs of front and rear cone-shaped head and tail lights. Irregular, organic-shaped openings expose front and rear wheels and area beneath the seat. Trimmed with chromed metal or stainless steel over the seams of fiberglass shell. White plastic handle grips, black and white seat and whitewall tires. (Seat and pedals probably not original.)