Edward Alexander Mac Dowell
- Artist: Helen Farnsworth Mears
- Medium: Bronze
- Dates: 1906
- Dimensions: Bronze plaque: 33 3/16 x 39 3/4 x 1 3/16 in. (84.3 x 101 x 3 cm)
Frame: 41 1/4 x 47 9/16 in. (104.8 x 120.8 cm)
- Signature: In relief at lower left: "MODELLED . FROM . LIFE . / BY . HELEN . FARNSWORTH . / MEARS . / M.D.C.C.C.C.VI."; and inscribed along left edge: "COPYRIGHT . 1907 . BY . HELEN . FARNSWORTH . MEARS"
- Inscriptions: In relief across top of plaque: "EDWARD . ALEXANDER . MAC-DOW-ELL . COMPOSER . MUSICIAN . AND . POET . ÆTATIS . XLV . / NIGHT . HAS . FALLEN . ON . A . DAY . OF . DEEDS."
- Collection: American Art
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5Q12-LUCE, Unit 33, Wall
- Accession Number: 16.757
- Image: 16.757_acetate_bw.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
Rectangular plaque with bas relief portrait of Edward Alexander MacDowell (1861-1908); he is seated in an arm chair facing to right and holds a book on his lap. On the right hand side there is a roll of music titled "SONATA TRAGICA" with several bars of notes, superimposed on a laurel wreath. (Bronze plaque affixed to modern wooden frame.)