Beverage Server and Spoon, Modern Pattern
- Artist: Gorham & Company (Manufacturer)
- Medium: Silverplate, plastic
- Geographical Location: Providence, Rhode Island, United States
- Dates: ca. 1955
- Dimensions: Pitcher: 11 1/8 x 6 1/8 x 3 in. (28.3 x 15.6 x 7.6 cm)
Spoon: 12 3/4 x 7/8 x 3/4 in. (32.4 x 2.2 x 1.9 cm)
- Markings: Impressed on underside of pitcher (a): "Gorham [in script] / E [anchor in shield] P / YC845 / 40 OZS"
Impressed on underside of handle, near spoon (b): "GORHAM E [anchor in shield] P N13"
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5Q12-LUCE, Unit 22, Shelf F
- Accession Number: 2003.11.1a-b
- Image: 2003.11.1a-b.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2003
"Modern" beverage server (a) of silverplate and plastic, with silverplate spoon (b). Pitcher (a) has a tall, narrow cylindrical body with narrow band around base and slightly pulled triangular spout at lip, metal strap across interior of spout to catch ice; opposing handle of black plastic in form of number "7" with an upturned, heart-shaped terminal at top end, attached to body with short cylindrical struts. Spoon (b) has small, shallow, round bowl attached to long squared handle.
CONDITION: Good; a few light scratches around pitcher and on handle of spoon.