"Spinning Whistle" Tea Kettle with Lid
- Artist: Michael Graves (Designer)
- Medium: Stainless steel, plastic
- Geographical Locations:
- Dates: Designed 2002
- Dimensions: 10 x 10 7/8 x 9 in. (25.4 x 27.6 x 22.9 cm)
- Markings: Engraved on base of tea kettle: facsimile signature of Michael Graves and "18-10 STAINLESS STEEL / MADE IN TAIWAN"
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5Q12-LUCE, Unit 18, Shelf N
- Accession Number: 2003.72.1a-b
- Image: 2003.72.1a-b_bw.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
"Spinning Whistle" stainless steel tea kettle (a) and lid (b), with plastic accents. Dome-shaped body. Attached tubular spout tapers slightly toward opening and has hinged blue plastic cover with red upright spiraling whistle top. Opposing attached metal handle curves upward over lid; end is covered with a blue plastic heat-resistant grip. Conforming lid with tilted tan egg-shaped plastic finial.