"Pop Art" Toaster
- Artist: Michael Graves (Designer)
- Medium: ABS plastic, santoprene, metal
- Geographical Location: United States
- Dates: Designed 1999
- Dimensions: 8 5/8 x 12 1/2 x 8 7/8 in. (21.9 x 31.8 x 22.5 cm)
- Markings: Printed on side of toaster underneath control lever: "[in red, facsimile signature of Michael Graves] / [in gray, company logo] BLACK & DECKER ®"
Imprinted on base: "CAT. NO. MGD 100 TYPE 1 / 120V 900W DISCONNECT TOASTER / BEFORE CLEANING. DO NOT IMMERSE. MADE IN CHINA LISTED 511F UL [in circle] ® / HOUSEHOLD PRODUCT, INC. SHELTON , CT 06484"
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5Q12-LUCE, Unit 18, Shelf N
- Accession Number: 2003.72.2
- Image: 2003.72.2.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2004
Electric "Pop Art" toaster; white ABS plastic body with yellow, gray, and blue santoprene accents. Body is a general trapezoid shape with rounded contours and undulating top edge; raised on four gray half egg-shaped feet. On front of toaster in center, yellow oval knob to set toast darkness, surrounded by five number settings in stainless steel disks. On proper left side, control lever (for raising & lowering toast) is capped with a blue egg-shaped handle. Toaster has slots for two pieces of bread, openings on top. On base, hinged crumb tray that swings open with pull-tab latch.