Plaque, Portrait of Charlotte Cushman
- Artist: Karl L. H. Mueller (Designer)
- Medium: Unglazed porcelain
- Geographical Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States
- Dates: ca. 1876
- Dimensions: 5 3/4 x 5 7/8 x 1 1/2 in. (14.6 x 14.9 x 3.8 cm)
- Signature: Artist's logo molded above proper left shoulder of sitter: half a man on half a mule
- Inscriptions: Molded vertically along proper left: "Charlotte Cushman"
Molded above proper right shoulder of sitter: "U P W"
On reverse in pencil script: "Charlotte Cushman/ Authoress"
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5Q12-LUCE, Unit 36, Shelf L
- Accession Number: 2006.6.2
- Image: 2006.6.2_mark_PS1.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2005
Octagonal wall plaque with high relief bust in a dished circle of a woman full face who looks slightly to her proper right. Her elaborate coiffure is parted in the middle. Her signature, "Charlotte Cushman," is molded vertically along the proper left side of the dished circle. Between this signature and the bust is the molded logo of the designer, half a man on half a mule. The intials "U.P.W" are molded above the proper right shoulder of the sitter.
Condition: Firing cracks due to holes made top and bottom, perhaps intended to hold plaque in velvet mount. Line runs down into her hair.