Late Image of Nefertiti
Nefertiti here wears the so-called Nubian wig. Formerly this wig had been worn almost exclusively by Nubian soldiers serving in pharaoh's army. Nefertiti seems to have adopted it as her personal symbol. She popularized the Nubian wig to such an extent that both men and women frequently wore it at el Amarna.
- Medium: Sandstone, painted
- Geographical Location: Tell el Amarna, Egypt
- Dates: ca. 1352-1336 B.C.E.
- Dynasty: late XVIII Dynasty
- Period: New Kingdom, Amarna Period
- Dimensions: 11 9/16 x 3 15/16 x 17 1/8 in. (29.3 x 10 x 43.5 cm)
- Collection: Egyptian, Classical, Ancient Near Eastern Art
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, EXHIBITION-3, ECAMEA-3G67
- Accession Number: 35.1999
- Image: CUR.35.1999_negA_bw.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,