Fragment of a Relief Showing the Birth of a Calf
- Medium: Limestone, paint
- Geographical Location: Thebes, Asasif, Egypt
- Dates: ca. 670-650 B.C.E.
- Dynasty: late XXV Dynasty
- Period: Third Intermediate Period
- Dimensions: 5 9/16 x 7 in. (14.2 x 17.8 cm)
- Collection: Egyptian, Classical, Ancient Near Eastern Art
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, EXHIBITION-3, ECAMEA-3G81
- Accession Number: 55.3.2
- Image: 55.3.2_SL1.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
Fragment of limestone relief. At left, portion of standing cow giving birth to calf. Male attendant kneels at right drawing forth the calf with rope attached to legs. Plain background.
Condition: Poor. Very incomplete. Stone very salty with fragile surface. Several cracks. Scattered remains of red paint on cow and on man's body.