Occasionally we can identify one of the members of the Amarna royal family by a unique characteristic. The woman on this column drum has a tall, flat-topped crown worn exclusively by Nefertiti. This same headdress appears on the famous bust of the queen that is in the Berlin Museum.
- Medium: Limestone, painted
- Geographical Location: El Amarna, Egypt
- Dates: ca. 1352-1336 B.C.E.
- Dynasty: late XVIII Dynasty
- Period: New Kingdom, Amarna Period
- Dimensions: 9 1/4 x 15 3/16 in. (23.5 x 38.5 cm)
- Collection: Egyptian, Classical, Ancient Near Eastern Art
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, EXHIBITION-3, ECAMEA-3G67
- Accession Number: 71.89
- Image: 71.89_negB_bw_IMLS.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,