False Head for Burial Bundle or Mummy Mask
- Artist: Paracas Ocucaje (Culture)
- Medium: Cotton, pigments
- Geographical Location: South Coast, Ocucaje, Ica Valley, Peru
- Dates: 200-100 B.C.E.
- Period: Early Intermediate or Early Horizon
- Dimensions: 13 1/2 x 7 1/4 x 3 in. (34.3 x 18.4 x 7.6 cm)
warp (woven part): 9 13/16 in. (25 cm)
unwoven warps, more than: 11 13/16 in. (30 cm)
weft: 7 1/2 in. (19 cm)
- Collection: Arts of the Americas
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 3MZP12, 14H
- Accession Number: 41.428
- Image: CUR.41.428.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2009
Mummy mask of woven cotton, filled with cotton padding, and painted with features of the Oculate Being, two felines, and three double-headed snakes.
Size: adult. Probable wearer: likely male. Vertical cotton warp. Cotton weft. Plain weave, predominantly warp-faced. Pigments with binding medium, hand-drawn.