Paperweight (Memorial Hall from Centennial Exhibition)
- Artist: American (Culture)
- Medium: Glass
- Geographical Location: United States
- Dates: 1876
- Dimensions: 1 x 5 3/8 x 4 in. (2.5 x 13.7 x 10.2 cm)
- Inscriptions: In center, around Memorial Hall, molded into underside (backwards so that it reads correctly from top): "1776 1876 / MEMORIAL HALL"
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5Q12-LUCE, Unit 21, Shelf F
- Accession Number: 40.218
- Image: 40.218.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2003
Colorless, frosted glass oval paperweight with image of Memorial Hall (from 1876 Centennial Exhibition in Philadelphia) pressed into underside; molded edge tapers upward to flat, polished top.
CONDITION: Good; small chip on inside edge of footrim; light scratches over top of paperweight.