Paperweight, Plymouth Rock
- Medium: Glass
- Geographical Location: Providence, Rhode Island, United States
- Dates: 1876
- Dimensions: 1 1/4 x 3 3/8 x 2 1/4 in. (3.2 x 8.6 x 5.7 cm)
- Inscriptions: On top of rock, molded: '1620'
Around outer edge of bottom, molded in tiny letters: 'PROVIDENCE INKSTAND CO. 1876 MARY CHILTON. WAS THE FIRST TO LAND UPON THE ROCK. DEC. 21, 1620. PILGRIM ROCK TRADE MARK'
Around edge of underside, molded: ' "A ROCK IN THE WILDERNESS WELCOMED OUR SIRES / FROM BONDAGE FAR OVER THE DARK ROLLING SEA, / ON THAT HOLY ALTAR THEY KINDLED THE FIRES / JEHOVAH! WHICH GLOW IN OUR BOSOMS FOR THEE" '
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5Q12-LUCE, Unit 21, Shelf E
- Accession Number: 40.230
- Image: 40.230_acetate_bw.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
Colorless pressed glass paperweight shaped into irregular, rounded form of Plymouth Rock; surface is mottled to imitate rough rock with crack; "1620" (date of the Pilgrims' landing) molded on top.