- Artist: Karl L. H. Mueller (Designer)
- Medium: Porcelain
- Geographical Location: Greenpoint, Brooklyn, New York, United States
- Dates: 1876
- Dimensions: Height: 22 1/4 in. (56.5 cm)
Diameter of base: 10 in. (25.4 cm)
- Markings: Raised circle with impressed mark of "U.P.W." with eagle head holding "S" in its beak.
- Inscriptions: Inscribed: "Century Vase / Exhibited at the Centennial / Exhibition at Philadelphia / Manufactured 1876 / By Union Porcelain Works / Greenpoint"
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, SPECIAL EXHIBITION, 1-Rotating 1Q31
- Accession Number: 43.25
- Image: "Woman sewing", 43.25_woman_sewing_PS1.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2005
Vase, hard paste porcelain, upper section elaborately decorated with banding of blue thunderbolts, eagles and stars superimposed in gold. The handles are bison heads. Middle section with portrait medallions on one side the sewing machine, steam boat, planter, planter and reaper, opposite side has relief of Washington in white with two medallions of the Union Porcelain Works and a factory on the other side, a gold band with animal heads separates middle section from the lower section which has designs in white relief, depicting Indians, a revolutionary soldier, and the Boston Tea Party.