- Medium: Basketry, nautilus shell, parinarium nut paste, pigment
- Geographical Locations:
- Dates: before 1852
- Dimensions: 31 3/4 x 11 3/4 x 2 1/2 in. (80.6 x 29.8 x 6.4 cm)
- Collection: Arts of the Pacific Islands
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 6H15, 1B
- Accession Number: 59.63
- Image: 59.63_SL1.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
Ceremonial shield, basketry base covered with red and black resin and inlaid with tiny mother-of-pearl squares in typical abstract human form design. Shield possibly used as currency.
Condition: fragile but good; - considering type of object. Few pearl shell inlaid missing, resin cracked.