- Artist: Nathaniel Austin (Maker)
- Medium: Pewter
- Geographical Location: Charlestown, Massachusetts, United States
- Dates: 1763-1807
- Dimensions: 5/8 x 8 3/4 x 8 3/4 in. (1.6 x 22.2 x 22.2 cm)
- Markings: (1) Marked on underside, partially struck stamp of archway with arch containing "NA[THL]" supported by two columns which stand on a rectangular base containing "AUSTIN"; prancing creature with dragon's head and lion's body in archway.
(2) Large "X" incised on bottom of plate, cuts through stamp #1
(3) Old white paper label taped to underside, typed: "PLATE / Nathaniel Austin / Charlestown, Mass. 1763-1807 / 45.10.10 Poole Collection"
- Inscriptions: Stamped on rim: "W W A"
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5H26, 1A
- Accession Number: 45.10.10
- Image: 45.10.10.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
Round shallow highly polished pewter plate with wide rim that turns up slightly at rounded edge.
CONDITION: Fair; allover scratches and some heavy pitting in center; dark squarish outlines (possibly tape residue) in center.