- Artist: Nathaniel Austin (Maker)
- Medium: Pewter
- Geographical Location: Charlestown, Massachusetts, United States
- Dates: 1763-1807
- Dimensions: 5/8 x 8 3/4 x 8 3/4 in. (1.6 x 22.2 x 22.2 cm)
- Markings: (1) Impressed in rim on front of plate: "W W A"
(2) Impressed on underside: stamp consisting of two columns supporting arch inscribed with "NATH.L", columns stand on rectangular base inscribed with "AUSTIN"; within archway, prancing creature with dragon's head and lion's body
(3) A large "X" is inscribed across center of plate on underside, with one line running through the "A" in "AUSTIN" in the stamp
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5H26, 1A
- Accession Number: 45.10.11
- Image: 45.10.11_bw.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
Circular, highly polished pewter plate with rim that curves slightly upward, ending in rounded edge.
CONDITION: Fair; shows heavy use with all-over scratches and pit marks, several dents in edge of rim.