- Artist: Benjamin Day (Maker)
- Medium: Pewter
- Geographical Location: Newport, Rhode Island, United States
- Dates: 1744-1757
- Dimensions: 5 5/8 x 7 3/8 x 5 in. (14.3 x 18.7 x 12.7 cm)
- Markings: Impressed on inside bottom of tankard in center: badly worn stamp containing "BC"
- Inscriptions: Incised on outside of body opposite handle: "F R" with decorative flourishes flanking letters and a larger, more elaborate flourish in between letters
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5H26, 1D
- Accession Number: 45.10.41
- Image: 45.10.41_bw.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
Highly polished pewter tankard. Cylindrical body is banded around bottom edge and tapers as it rises to banded top edge. Narrow raised band around body, about 2" up from bottom. Attached handle in shape of truncated "S" with ball terminal and low peak on top (resembles molding for hinge for lid).
CONDITION: Fair; allover patches of pitting and some scratches; prominent dent in outer edge of handle; pin-sized hole on inner side of handle.