- Artist: Samuel Hamlin (Maker)
- Medium: Pewter
- Geographical Location: Providence, Rhode Island, United States
- Dates: 1771-1801
- Dimensions: 5 7/8 x 6 7/8 x 4 3/4 in. (14.9 x 17.5 x 12.1 cm)
- Markings: Marks not legible; there is possibly an impartially struck or badly worn stamp on inside bottom of mug in center, but it is impossible to tell due to bad pitting. [See "Historical Attributions"]
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5H26, 1D
- Accession Number: 45.10.42
- Image: 45.10.42.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2003
Pewter mug; cylindrical body banded lower edge, tapers toward top and ends in slightly flared lip; raised narrow band rings body about 1 ¼" from bottom. Truncated S-shaped handle soldered to body, tapers toward end, short tail end terminates in ball.
CONDITION: Fair; allover scratches; heavy pitting and tarnish, especially on handle and interior; spots of dark discoloration, especially around bottom edge.