- Artist: Ashbil Griswold (Maker)
- Medium: Pewter
- Geographical Location: Meriden, Connecticut, United States
- Dates: ca. 1820-1830
- Dimensions: 5/8 x 7 7/8 x 7 7/8 in. (1.6 x 20 x 20 cm)
- Markings: Impressed on underside, from top to bottom:
(1) circular stamp with serrated edge containing eagle clutching arrows and branch in center and "A.GRISWOLD." around top border
(2) identical to and placed side-by-side with mark #1, but "A.GRI[SW]OLD" (some letters not legible)
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5H26, 1A
- Accession Number: 45.10.56
- Image: 45.10.56.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2003
Round, shallow highly polished pewter plate with wide rim that curves upward slightly at edge; incised line around center and around rim near edge.
CONDITION: Good; some scratches and pit marks; small dings in center.