- Artist: Stephen Barns (Maker)
- Medium: Pewter
- Geographical Location: Connecticut, United States
- Dates: ca. 1792-1800
- Dimensions: 5/8 x 8 3/4 x 8 3/4 in. (1.6 x 22.2 x 22.2 cm)
- Markings: Impressed on underside, two identical stamps, placed side-by-side, of: partially impressed or worn oval shaped stamp containing eagle with wings outspread and American crest over its body in center, and "STEPHEN / [BARNS]" around border (lower half of both stamps illegible).
- Inscriptions: Impressed on underside next to and turned at 90 degree angle to right-most mark: "G B"
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5H26, 1A
- Accession Number: 45.10.60
- Image: 45.10.60.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2003
Round, highly polished shallow pewter plate with wide rim that curves upward slightly at edge; incised line around center of plate and around edge of rim.
CONDITION: Good; some scratches and pitting; several dark spots of discoloration and dings, especially on bottom.