- Artist: John Danforth (Maker)
- Medium: Pewter
- Geographical Location: Norwich, Connecticut, United States
- Dates: 1773-1793
- Dimensions: 5/8 x 7 3/4 x 7 3/4 in. (1.6 x 19.7 x 19.7 cm)
- Markings: Impressed on underside, from top to bottom:
(1) partially impressed stamp of archway with "JOHN" in arch supported by columns; rampant lion in center; and "[DANF]ORTH" in rectangular base
(2) identical to and placed side-by-side with mark #1, but "[DANFORTH]" (lower part not legible)
(3) row of 4 small square hallmarks containing, from left to right: "[I]D"; head of dragon (?) in profile; seated allegorical figure; upright sword
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5H26, 1A
- Accession Number: 45.10.73
- Image: 45.10.73.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2003
Round, shallow highly polished pewter plate with wide rim that curves upward slightly at edge; incised line around rim near edge.
CONDITION: Fair; shows heavy use with allover scratches and pit marks.