- Artist: Samuel Danforth (Maker)
- Medium: Pewter
- Geographical Location: Hartford, Connecticut, United States
- Dates: 1793-1802
- Dimensions: 5/8 x 7 7/8 x 7 7/8 in. (1.6 x 20 x 20 cm)
- Markings: Impressed on underside:
(1) partially impressed or worn circular stamp containing: in center, eagle with wings outspread and American crest over his body, clutching branch and arrows in claws and set against field of stars; "[SAMUEL]" in top border and "DANFO[RTH]" in bottom border.
(2) identical stamp, placed next to stamp #1, partially impressed or worn; "[SA]MU[EL]" / "DANF[ORTH]"
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5H26, 1A
- Accession Number: 45.10.88
- Image: 45.10.88.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2003
Round, highly polished, shallow pewter dish with wide rim that curves upward slightly at edge.
CONDITION: Fair; scratches in center; large dent in edge of rim and several smaller dents around rim and on bottom of plate; small spots of discoloration or corrosion across center.