- Artist: Peter Young (Maker)
- Medium: Pewter
- Geographical Location: Albany, New York, United States
- Dates: 1785-1795
- Dimensions: 3/4 x 8 7/8 x 8 7/8 in. (1.9 x 22.5 x 22.5 cm)
- Markings: Impressed on underside, very badly worn or faintly impressed stamps (difficult to read), from top to bottom:
(1) & (2) two identical stamps, set at slight angle to each other, consisting of: crown atop rose, above "PY", all within beaded border
(3) row of four square hallmarks, none legible, could be (based on Laughlin): lion rampant; flower; bird (hawk or falcon?) in profile; "PY"
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5H26, 1A
- Accession Number: 45.10.166
- Image: 45.10.166.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2003
Highly polished round pewter plate with wide rim that curves upward at edge. Incised line around rim, about 1/4" from edge, and around center.
CONDITION: Fair; some scratches and patches of pitting, few dings in center; mended along edge of bottom; underside heavily pitted or otherwise worn.