- Artist: John Andrew Brunstrom (Maker)
- Medium: Pewter
- Geographical Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
- Dates: 1783-1793
- Dimensions: 7 7/8 x 7 x 4 5/8 in. (20 x 17.8 x 11.7 cm)
- Markings: Impressed on upper part of body near top of handle, horizontal row of five stamps containing, from left to right: lion; lion; "X" surmounted by partially struck crown; lion; lion.
- Inscriptions: Incised on hinge at top of handle: "T" above "/", all above "M [three dots in triangle] E"
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5H26, 1C
- Accession Number: 45.10.200
- Image: 45.10.200_bw.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
Pewter quart tankard with hinged lid. Bulbous body raised on round, flaring footrim. Double dome lid with decorative bands fits over mouth, hinged to top of handle by rectangular thumb piece. Thumb piece bent upward at join and has decorative molded tulip shape at top. Attached handle in shape of truncated "S" with balled tail end.
CONDITION: Fair; heavily tarnished with allover spots of dark discoloration; several yellow and rust-colored spots on interior; hairline crack in mouth opposite handle; shallow dent in top of lid.