Porringer, Unidentified "I.G." Mark
- Medium: Pewter
- Geographical Location: New England, United States
- Dates: probably late 18th-early 19th century
- Dimensions: 1 1/2 x 6 1/4 x 4 3/8 in. (3.8 x 15.9 x 11.1 cm)
- Markings: Molded letters on underside of handle: "I G [possibly 'C']"
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5H26, 1B
- Accession Number: 45.10.225
- Image: 45.10.225.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2003
Round pewter porringer with flared, bent rim and raised dome in center of bottom. Attached openwork handle (soldered) in general triangular shape with crown form atop keyhole shape flanked by curling foliate forms.
CONDITION: Good; minor scratching and a few spots of discoloration; few dings around bowl; top edge misshapen; handle worn.