Large Basin, Unidentified "Love" Touch
- Medium: Pewter
- Geographical Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
- Dates: 18th century
- Dimensions: 3 1/8 x 11 3/8 x 11 3/8 in. (7.9 x 28.9 x 28.9 cm)
- Markings: Impressed on underside, three marks, each oriented differently; from top to bottom:
(1) partially struck stamp: rectangle with serrated edge, slightly arches, with "LONDON"
(2) [in center] partially impressed "Love" stamp: circle containing two kissing birds flanked by "[LO]" on one side and "VE" on the other
(3) indistinct, partially struck stamp: appears to be right half of the letter "X" over an unidentifiable picture
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5Q12-LUCE, Unit 20, Shelf P
- Accession Number: 45.10.235
- Image: 45.10.235.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2003
Large pewter basin; round, rises from flat bottom to slightly angled sides, flares out into rim with band around top. Incised line traces bottom of basin on interior of bowl.
CONDITION: Fair; scratches, pitting, spots of dark discoloration, and a few deep gouges on all surfaces; dent on side of basin.