- Artist: William Will (Maker)
- Medium: Pewter
- Geographical Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
- Dates: 1764-1798
- Dimensions: 1 1/8 x 16 5/8 x 16 5/8 in. (2.9 x 42.2 x 42.2 cm)
- Markings: Impressed on bottom, from top to bottom, left to right:
(1) partially struck stamp, appears to be an eagle swooping down over horse (or fox?) surrounded by "WIL[…]" (letters from the maker's name) all within an oval
(2) "E V"
(3) same as (1)
(4) row of three small square stamps containing: prancing lion; "T (?) C"; and flower within circle
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5H26, 1A
- Accession Number: 45.48
- Image: 45.48_bw.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
Circular, highly polished pewter platter with rim that curves slightly upward, ending in rounded edge.
CONDITION: Fair; shows heavy use with all-over scratches and pit marks (or corrosion), several dents around rim.