- Artist: Harry Levine
- Medium: Lignum vitae (wood)
- Dates: n.d.
- Dimensions: With Base: 18 x 5 5/8 x 7 3/4 in. (45.7 x 14.3 x 19.7 cm)
Base only: 6 7/8 x 5 5/8 x 5 5/8 in. (17.5 x 14.3 x 14.3 cm)
- Signature: Unsigned
- Collection: American Art
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5Q12-LUCE, Unit 4, Shelf H
- Accession Number: 45.67.1
- Image: 45.67.1_bw.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
Carved head of black man with close-cropped hair, heavy-lidded eyes with pupils bored out, small flat nose, full lips, wrinkle outlines mouth, furrowed brow (wrinkles in forehead), wrinkles in neck; head attached to simple squared pilaster base.
Condition: Good; few vertical cracks in wood; reddish triangular section at back of head.