I Thought Pheasants Didn't Begin Until October
- Artist: Charles Saxon
- Medium: Ink and crayon on paper mounted to paperboard mat
- Dates: ca. 1966
- Dimensions: sheet: 13 7/8 x 15 3/4 in. (35.2 x 40 cm)
mat (sheet mounted to): 15 1/16 x 18 1/4 in. (38.3 x 46.4 cm)
- Signature: Signed in ink, lower right: "Saxon"
- Inscriptions: On recto: title inscribed in graphite at bottom of mat, "'I thought pheasants didn't begin until October.'"; on verso, miscellaneous inscriptions and stamps, including stamp at lower left that reads, "COPYRIGHT 1966 / THE NEW YORKER MAGAZINE ... "
- Collection: Contemporary Art
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 2N12, E211
- Accession Number: 68.103.2
- Image: CUR.68.103.2.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0, 4/15/2009