Landscape Scene with Retreat
- Artist: Tani Buncho
- Medium: Hanging scroll, ink with color on paper
- Geographical Location: Japan
- Dates: 1795
- Period: Edo Period
- Dimensions: Image: 43 1/16 x 11 3/8 in. (109.4 x 28.9 cm)
76 3/8 x 18 in. (194 x 45.7 cm)
- Inscriptions: Inscription has title and date: "Lonely Pavilion in Cold Forest, painted at the Shazan Ro, 1795"
- Collection: Asian Art
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 6H4, 06
- Accession Number: 69.80
- Image: 69.80_bw_IMLS.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0, 9/17/1969
Inscription in upper right corner. Mounted on gold-colored silk, this painting depicts a landscape scene in which a man, in lower portion, stands near a shrine. The painting is done in black ink with washes of red to emphasize the area where the man is standing.