Les Algues (Floor Lamp)
- Artist: Edgar William Brandt (Maker)
- Medium: Glass, wrought iron
- Geographical Location: Paris and Nancy, France
- Dates: ca.1925
- Dimensions: Overall H. of lamp with globe: 65 3/4 in. (167 cm)
H. without globe (stand alone): 64 in. (162.6 cm)
Diam. of globe: 19 1/8 in. (48.6 cm)
- Markings: Base of lamp stamped "E BRANDT"; globe marked "DAUM =/ NANCY".
- Signature: no signature
- Inscriptions: no inscriptions
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, EXHIBITION-4, DecArts 4T44
- Accession Number: 71.14
- Image: CUR.71.14.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2009
Shade in form of inverted cone, with wide flaring rim at top, in translucent bright orange glass. Globe is visually supported by six branches with cirliqued terminals between which are stylized floral sprays. Shaft is hexagonal in section; tapering towards base. Feet formed by three conjoined triangular forms with curled members; flare out at base.
Maker: Base- Edgar William Brandt (1880-); shade-Daum Glassworks (founded 1875 and still going on).