This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Sphinx in May
- Portfolio/Series: from the Deluxe Suite "Portrait of Sphinx" includes all 6 original etchings and set of cancelled plates for "Sphinx of the Woods"
- Artist: Ikeda Masuo, Japanese, 1934-1997
- Publisher: Associated American Artists, Inc.
- Printer: Hayashi Graphic Press
- Medium: Etching, mezzotint and drypoint
- Dates: 1970
- Dimensions: Sheet: 19 3/8 x 14 3/8 in. (49.2 x 36.5 cm) Image: 11 7/8 x 10 1/2 in. (30.2 x 26.7 cm) (show scale)
- Markings: Circular chop mark lower right recto: "Masuo Ikeda Original Etching"
- Signature: Signed in graphite lower right recto: "Masuo Ikeda '70"
- Inscriptions: Inscribed in graphite lower left recto: "A"
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 73.122.4
- Edition: A/F deluxe suites
- Credit Line: Gift of the Helen and Felix Juda Foundation, by exchange
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Ikeda Masuo (Japanese, 1934-1997). Sphinx in May, 1970. Etching, mezzotint and drypoint, Sheet: 19 3/8 x 14 3/8 in. (49.2 x 36.5 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of the Helen and Felix Juda Foundation, by exchange, 73.122.4. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Adequate (56%)