This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
[Untitled] (Lecture Drawing) (Study of a Cube in Space)
- Artist: Hans Hofmann, American, 1880-1966
- Medium: Charcoal on ivory, Ingres d'Arches laid paper
- Dates: 1942
- Dimensions: sheet: 25 x 19 1/16 in. (63.5 x 48.4 cm) (show scale)
- Markings: [this information not verified in 4/2008 survey--need Conservation to verify] U.F.P.C. MBM Made in France Ingres d'Arches
- Signature: Two "signatures" in different hands: on recto, lower right, "Hans Hofmann Lecture Drawing" on verso, lower right, "h h lecture drawing"
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 79.38.2
- Credit Line: Gift of Jerome Burns
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Hans Hofmann (American, 1880-1966). [Untitled] (Lecture Drawing) (Study of a Cube in Space), 1942. Charcoal on ivory, Ingres d'Arches laid paper, sheet: 25 x 19 1/16 in. (63.5 x 48.4 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of Jerome Burns, 79.38.2. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Good (63%)