Pendant Cross with Ear Cleaner Extension
- Culture: Amhara
- Medium: Silver, brass
- Place Made: Amhara Region, Ethiopia
- Dates: 19th or 20th century
- Dimensions: 2 5/8 x 1/2 in. (6.7 x 1.3 cm) (show scale)
- Collections:Arts of Africa
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 79.72.4
- Credit Line: Gift of George V. Corinaldi Jr.
- Rights Statement: Creative Commons-BY
- Caption: Amhara. Pendant Cross with Ear Cleaner Extension, 19th or 20th century. Silver, brass, 2 5/8 x 1/2 in. (6.7 x 1.3 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of George V. Corinaldi Jr., 79.72.4. Creative Commons-BY
- Catalogue Description: Silver ear cleaner in the form of a cross. At the top is a ring for suspension. The ear cleaner portion, in the form of a very tiny spoon, extends from the inferior arm. The bowl part of the cleaner is almost flat. The cross is incised with dots and circles on one side only. CONDITION: Good, edge of spoon very thin, worn, and slightly corroded.
- Record Completeness: Good (75%)