This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Mist Station (Project for Basel)
- Artist: Dennis Oppenheim, American, 1938-2011
- Medium: Graphite and colored pencil on paper
- Dates: 1979
- Dimensions: 38 x 50 in. (96.5 x 127 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Signed lower right: "Dennis Oppenheim"
- Inscriptions: Inscribed on image: "Mist Station Project for Basel, 1979. A collision factory for two passengers. Launch system with pulled back straps extends into trenches, in the earth. Raw material excavated and positioned on steel blades. Mounted carriers on tracks aimed to collide on tracks under 40' steel tower and above angled 20' diameter power blade. Constant flow of water travels from 10' diameter pan and through trough system to descend upon impact point. Spray received by system of mobile collection bins."
- Collections:Contemporary Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 83.258.3
- Credit Line: Gift of Jonathan A. Berg
- Rights Statement: © Dennis Oppenheim
- Caption: Dennis Oppenheim (American, 1938-2011). Mist Station (Project for Basel), 1979. Graphite and colored pencil on paper, 38 x 50 in. (96.5 x 127 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of Jonathan A. Berg, 83.258.3. © Dennis Oppenheim
- Record Completeness: Adequate (54%)