This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Raising the Mast, Empire State Building
- Artist: Lewis Wickes Hine, American, 1874-1940
- Medium: Gelatin silver photograph
- Dates: 1931
- Dimensions: image: 13 1/2 x 10 1/2 in. (34.3 x 26.7 cm) sheet: 10 3/4 x 13 3/4 in. (34.9 x 27.3 cm) (show scale)
- Markings: Ink stamp on verso: "Lewis Hine interpretive photography, Hastings-on-Hudson, New York"
- Signature: Signed on verso in pencil: "Hine"
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 84.237.10
- Credit Line: Gift of Walter and Naomi Rosenblum
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Lewis Wickes Hine (American, 1874-1940). Raising the Mast, Empire State Building, 1931. Gelatin silver photograph, image: 13 1/2 x 10 1/2 in. (34.3 x 26.7 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of Walter and Naomi Rosenblum, 84.237.10. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Adequate (56%)