This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
The Scissor Grinder
- Artist: Jefferson David Chalfant, American, 1856-1931
- Medium: Graphite with ink on paper
- Dates: n.d.
- Dimensions: sheet: 14 13/16 x 11 5/8 in. (37.6 x 29.5 cm) image: 13 1/4 x 10 in. (33.7 x 25.4 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Signed lower right of image in graphite: "J D Chalfant"; and upper right of border in ink: "J D Chalfant. Wilmington Id"
- Inscriptions: Inscribed lower left of image in graphite: "Peter Schmid.[?] Phila." and "'The Scissor Grinder'", both superimposed over very faint "J D CHALFANT" Inscribed lower left of sheet in ink: "Peter Schmid.[?] [??] / Philadelphia Pa"
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 85.82.2
- Credit Line: Purchased with funds given by Mr. and Mrs. Leonard L. Milberg
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Jefferson David Chalfant (American, 1856-1931). The Scissor Grinder, n.d. Graphite with ink on paper, sheet: 14 13/16 x 11 5/8 in. (37.6 x 29.5 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Purchased with funds given by Mr. and Mrs. Leonard L. Milberg, 85.82.2. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Good (76%)