This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Note XI - State I
- Artist: Barnett Newman, American, 1905-1970
- Publisher: ULAE, New York
- Medium: Etching on paper
- Dates: 1968
- Dimensions: sheet: 19 5/8 x 13 7/8 in. (49.8 x 35.2 cm) image: 5 3/4 x 3 in. (14.6 x 7.6 cm) (show scale)
- Markings: Watermark: "German Copperplate paper"; Artist's estate blindstamp lower right: "BN"; Blindstamp of ULAE, lower left
- Inscriptions: Inscribed lower left verso in graphite: "Annalee G. Newman, October 7, 1978" (widow's authentication"; inscribed lower left in graphite by Annalee Newman: "Note XI - State I 1968 H.C. 1/1"
- Collections:Contemporary Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 85.136.2
- State: H.C.
- Edition: Unique hors commerce proff aside from an edition of 7
- Credit Line: Dick S. Ramsay Fund
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Barnett Newman (American, 1905-1970). Note XI - State I, 1968. Etching on paper, sheet: 19 5/8 x 13 7/8 in. (49.8 x 35.2 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Dick S. Ramsay Fund, 85.136.2. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Adequate (54%)