This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
"Rebel Without a Cause" James Dean
- Artist: Andy Warhol, American, 1928-1987
- Publisher: Ronald Feldman Fine Arts, Inc.
- Printer: Rupert Jason Smith
- Medium: Screenprint on board
- Dates: 1985
- Dimensions: sheet: 38 x 38 in. (96.5 x 96.5 cm) image: 38 x 38 in. (96.5 x 96.5 cm) (show scale)
- Markings: Printer's chop, lower left
- Signature: Signed: "48/190 Andy Warhol" lower right recto in graphite
- Inscriptions: Inscribed verso, lower left: "© Andy Warhol 1984, Publisher: Ronald Feldman Fine Arts, Inc., New York"; inscribed verso, lower left: "This interpretation creation and copyrighted by Andy Warhol is derived from an original version of a James Dean poster copyrighted by Warner Bros, Inc."
- Collections:Contemporary Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 86.63
- Edition: Edition: 48/190
- Credit Line: Robert A. Levinson Fund
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Andy Warhol (American, 1928-1987). "Rebel Without a Cause" James Dean, 1985. Screenprint on board, sheet: 38 x 38 in. (96.5 x 96.5 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Robert A. Levinson Fund, 86.63. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Adequate (56%)