This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Esquisse Pour Un Portrait De Max Ernst
- Artist: Hans Bellmer, German, 1902-1975
- Medium: Graphite and gouache on paper
- Dates: 1939
- Dimensions: 4 3/8 x 5 11/16 in. (11.1 x 14.5 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Signed, "H.B." in pencil, lower right
- Inscriptions: "193 Hans Bellmer" (signature) in pencil, upper left; verso; "Square up/ S.S. (192)/H.T." upper right in pencil; "Portrait of M.E. by H. Bellmer" in pencil, lower center. Pencil sketch on verso.
- Collections:European Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 87.53
- Credit Line: Purchase gift of the Julian Beck Memorial Fund in memory of Julian Beck
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Hans Bellmer (German, 1902-1975). Esquisse Pour Un Portrait De Max Ernst, 1939. Graphite and gouache on paper, 4 3/8 x 5 11/16 in. (11.1 x 14.5 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Purchase gift of the Julian Beck Memorial Fund in memory of Julian Beck, 87.53. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Adequate (54%)