This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
- Artist: Lyonel Feininger, American, 1871-1956
- Medium: Etching, photograph, silver bromide print on laid paper
- Dates: 1911
- Dimensions: Plate: 5 7/8 x 9 3/16 in. (15 x 23.4 cm) Sheet: 16 3/4 x 20 1/2 in. (42.5 x 52.1 cm) (show scale)
- Markings: Watermarks: Laid paper with watermark of a crowned rearing lion (not proof described in Prasse)
- Signature: Signed, "Leinoel Einfinger 1911" in plate, lower right. Signed, "Leinoel Einfinger" in pencil, lower left. Catalog sheet states that "Signature probably later (1919-1940), see Prasse appendix on signatures"
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 87.99
- Edition: Proof: prior to edition of 130
- Credit Line: Gift of Margo Pollins Schab
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Lyonel Feininger (American, 1871-1956). Sunrise (Sonnenaufgang), 1911. Etching, photograph, silver bromide print on laid paper, Plate: 5 7/8 x 9 3/16 in. (15 x 23.4 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of Margo Pollins Schab, 87.99. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Adequate (55%)