This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
1960: The American Dream I
- Portfolio/Series: From the portfolio Decade, published by Multiples, Inc, a portfolio of ten serigraphs of Indiana's most significant images.
- Artist: Robert Indiana, American, born 1928
- Publisher: Multiples Inc.
- Medium: Serigraph
- Dates: 1971
- Dimensions: Sheet: 39 x 32 in. (99.1 x 81.3 cm) Image: 35 7/8 x 29 7/8 in. (91.1 x 75.9 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Signed and dated lower right in graphite: "R Indiana 1971"
- Inscriptions: Inscribed in print lower left: "© Robert Indiana, 1971
- Collections:Contemporary Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 88.170.11
- Edition: First edition, 114/200 There is also a 1997 book titled "The American Dream", published by Marco Fine Arts Contemporary Atelier, El Segundo, with thirty screenprints, on wove paper, six of the screenprints unbound and signed in pencil, in an edition of 395, the other 24 screenprints bound and n
- Credit Line: Anonymous gift
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Robert Indiana (American, born 1928). 1960: The American Dream I, 1971. Serigraph, Sheet: 39 x 32 in. (99.1 x 81.3 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Anonymous gift, 88.170.11. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Adequate (55%)