Statuette of Standing Bull
The tangs under the feet of these two bulls indicate that they were attached to bases or to ritual objects such as vessels.
This text refers to these objects: ' L86.1.5; L86.1.4
- Medium: Copper
- Place Made: Turkey
- Dates: ca. 2000 B.C.E.
- Dimensions: 3 15/16 x 1 1/4 x 4 7/16 in. (10 x 3.2 x 11.2 cm) (show scale)
- Collections:Egyptian, Classical, Ancient Near Eastern Art
- Museum Location: This item is on view in Egypt Reborn: Art for Eternity, Ancient Middle Eastern Art, The Hagop Kevorkian Gallery, 3rd Floor
- Accession Number: L86.1.5
- Credit Line: Lent by Jonathan P. Rosen
- Rights Statement: Creative Commons-BY
- Caption: Statuette of Standing Bull, ca. 2000 B.C.E. Copper, 3 15/16 x 1 1/4 x 4 7/16 in. (10 x 3.2 x 11.2 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Lent by Jonathan P. Rosen, L86.1.5. Creative Commons-BY
- Record Completeness: Good (76%)